ASB Health Insurance
What health insurance policies does ASB offer?
ASB offers two health insurance policies:
- ASB Private Health
- ASB Private Health Plus
Check out the link below to see how this compares against other insurers.
What’s covered by ASB’s Private Health policy?
It covers most of the significant costs of hospitalisation and surgery that aren’t covered by the NZ health system.
- Unlimited surgical benefit, subject to reasonable charges
- Flexible overseas treatment options.
- Cover for major diagnostic imaging tests up to $200,000
- Cover for hospitalisation up to $500,000 per year
- Different excess options
What’s covered by ASB’s Private Health Plus policy?
It covers the same as ASB Private Health, as well as offering additional features.
- Specialist consultations up to $10,000 per year
- Diagnostic imaging and tests up to $100,000 per year
- Pregnancy, maternity and infertility allowance up to $1500 per year after two years
- Health screening allowance: $500 every three years, after an initial waiting period of three years, or $750 every three years for eligible AIA Vitality members
What isn’t covered by ASB’s health insurance policies?
Similar to other health insurance providers, exclusions vary between each policy and centre largely around eligibility criteria for each level of cover.
What makes ASB’s health insurance policies different?
ASB has partnered with one of NZ’s largest health insurers, AIA, to help protect over half a million Kiwis and their families.
ASB’s health insurance provides flexible overseas treatment options, to ensure New Zealanders receive the best healthcare possible. And, with the option to select your preferred medical provider, ASB provides peace of mind knowing you’re in safe hands.
Established in 1847, ASB has a longstanding reputation as one of NZ’s leading commercial banks. With a customer base of more than 1.3 million personal, rural and business customers, ASB offers more than just banking services. The bank offers a range of accounts, cards, loans, mortgages, insurance and foreign exchange services, plus other financial services.