Version: 22 November 2021
Canstar New Zealand Website and social media – use and content
The information provided in the Canstar New Zealand Media is a guide only and may not be complete for your purposes. Canstar New Zealand does not warrant the accuracy of any information on Canstar New Zealand Media and recommend that you confirm any information with third party product providers before acting on it. Third party product and service information is for information purposes only and must be confirmed with the product issuer. In many cases, rates indicated are available to new customers only or may include special rates available for a limited time.
If Canstar New Zealand requests that you stop using the Canstar New Zealand Media, you must immediately comply with that request.
Although great care has been taken to ensure the reliability of any statements of opinion or general ratings information provided by Canstar New Zealand, Canstar New Zealand gives no warranty in relation to statements and information contained in the Canstar New Zealand Media and subject to the following paragraph, disclaims all liability to the fullest extent possible arising from any persons acting on the information and statements contained therein. Canstar New Zealand assumes no responsibility or obligation to provide updates on any published statement or report. Where the law implies conditions or warranties that are not able to be excluded, Canstar New Zealand’s liability shall be limited to the re-supply of the information provided on the website.
Copyright & links
The Canstar New Zealand Media is owned by Canstar New Zealand and subject to copyright. The Canstar New Zealand Media may also contain third party supplied material that is subject to copyright. Canstar New Zealand takes no responsibility for the use of information provided on Canstar New Zealand Media. Except as permitted by law, you may not reproduce, transmit, disseminate, sell, or publish information on Canstar New Zealand Media without prior written permission from Canstar New Zealand, provided that you may use the information for your private or internal purposes. Any company and product names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Rates are for information purposes only and must be confirmed with the product issuer. Canstar New Zealand Media may contain links to other websites. Such links do not constitute an endorsement or recommendation of any material on those linked websites or any third party products and services offered by, from or through those sites.
Canstar’s website allows users to select a product or service and click to be transferred to the product or service provider’s website (‘Financial Product Referral Service’). If you do not accept these terms and conditions you must immediately stop use of the Financial Product Referral Service and not take any further action in relation to making an application and/or completing an online form in relation to a financial product.
If you choose to use the Financial Product Referral Service, you agree with Canstar New Zealand that:
- We are referring you to the financial product provider referred to on the form (“Provider”) for further information about the financial product;
- We may ask you to provide some information in a form before you are referred to the financial product provider. If you choose to provide that information, it will be dealt with in accordance with these terms and conditions;
- By clicking an action button (for example ‘Send Inquiry’, ‘Get Quote’, ‘Proceed’, ‘Request a Callback’), by proceeding to obtain a firm quote or by completing and submitting an application, in all cases you consent to us providing your personal information and other details in the online form to the Provider for the purpose of the Provider providing you with more information about a particular financial product or service;
- If a telephone number is shown on the form, if you telephone that number, you will be telephoning and speaking to employees or agents of the Provider and not Canstar New Zealand;
- The Provider is not our employee, contractor or agent, and we will have no liability to you in relation your dealings with the Provider including any advice or recommendations it may make;
- The Provider is a financial product provider, selling its own financial product products and services;
- You will make all arrangements in relation to services you require from the Provider and you will be responsible for all fees and charges (if any) payable in relation to any product or service you acquire from the Provider;
- We make no recommendation to you about the skills, expertise or suitability of the Provider for your purposes. You should consider seeking advice from a qualified financial adviser prior to proceeding;
- Full details about the product you are interested in should be obtained and considered before making any decision about whether to acquire the product;
- We may contact you to seek your response to a survey in relation to your dealings with the Provider;
- We may receive a commission or other payment in relation to the referral;
- “We” and “us” means Canstar NZ Limited FSP200146
The material on this website is for information purposes only. Its content is intended to be of a general nature, does not take into account your financial situation or goals, and is not a personalised financial adviser service under the Financial Advisers Act 2008. It is recommended you seek advice from a financial adviser which takes into account your individual circumstances before you acquire a financial product.