ASB Home & Contents Insurance
What’s on offer from ASB’s home and contents insurance?
ASB’s home and contents insurance is underwritten by IAG NZ Limited. It can be purchased separately as home insurance and contents insurance, or can be bundled into a home and contents insurance package. If you bundle the policies together, discounts apply.
Canstar compares home and contents insurance, to help you find the right policy for you. Click below to see our comparison table, which features qualities including customer service and value for money.
What’s on offer with ASB’s bundled House and Contents Insurance?
ASB offers a a bundled insurance option, which is eligible for a Multi-Policy discount. Bundled home and contents includes all the same features as the individual policies, for less. If you have two or more eligible car, home, contents, or landlord’s insurance policies, you may be eligible. Policies which can be eligible for the Multi-Product discount are as follows:
- Classic Home
- Classic Contents
- Classic Home & Classic Contents (a combined policy)
- Landlord’s Home
- Landlord’s Contents
- Landlord’s Home and Landlord’s Contents (a combined policy)
What’s on offer with ASB’s home insurance?
This policy protects you should your home be damaged or destroyed. In addition to covering the costs to repair or rebuild, ASB Home Insurance has many benefits, including:
- Cover the costs of temporary accommodation for you and your family up to $30,000
- In the event of a total loss, ASB will provide a stress payment of $2000
- Legal liability cover will protect you should a neighbour’s property be damaged.
- Hidden gradual damage such as rot from a leaky pipe
- A permanently fixed swimming pool, up to $50,000 (including necessary equipment)
- Retaining walls, up to $20,000
There is also a discount if you have a burglar alarm and claim-free discounts.
What’s on offer with ASB’s landlord’s home insurance?
Landlord’s home insurance works exactly the same as a home insurance policy, but suits having renters living in the property. You’ll be covered for the following:
- Sudden and accidental loss or damage
- Legal liability
- Loss of rent
- Natural disasters
- Post-event inflation
- Replacement of keys and locks
- Sustainability upgrades
What’s on offer with ASB’s contents insurance?
ASB’s contents cover provides replacement value on many items where the item is lost, destroyed or cannot be repaired. Other benefits include:
- Cover for your items if they are temporarily anywhere else in New Zealand
- Cover for your children’s possessions while they are living in tertiary education accommodation
- Gradual damage cover
- Up to $20,000 for temporary accommodation
- Up to $1000 to replace lost, damaged or stolen locks and keys, with no excess or loss of claim-free discount
Excess-free spectacles, dentures and hearing aids
You do not pay an excess if your claim is only for sudden and accidental loss to your or your family’s spectacles, dentures or hearing aids.
Lifestyle block contents and tools of trade
ASB covers sudden or accidental loss of the following:
- Tools of trade or business equipment, except for items covered under the ‘Home office equipment’ automatic benefit
- Fixed lifestyle block equipment, plant and machinery
- Seed, grain and baled hay used to feed livestock on your lifestyle block at the property address shown in your policy schedule
What’s on offer with ASB’s landlord’s contents insurance?
Landlord’s contents insurance is useful if you’re providing any furniture, appliances, linen or other furnishings for your rental home.
If your rental home is already covered through a separate body corporate or strata policy, the Landlord’s Contents policy can cover your loss of rent in certain situations and you can choose to add the rent default optional benefit.
In June 1847, the Auckland Savings Bank, New Zealand’s first savings bank, opened on Queen Street. Since then, ASB has been committed to bringing New Zealanders the best banking products and services possible. ASB currently employs over 5500 people across the country.
This is only a summary of key benefits. Application for cover is subject to underwriting acceptance. For full details, exclusions and limitations, please refer to the ASB website.