ASB Personal Loans
Founded in 1847, ASB (or Auckland Savings Bank) is New Zealand’s first savings bank. The Auckland Savings Bank (ASB) is one of New Zealand’s largest financial institutions and offers a range of services, including personal, retail, business and institutional banking. Currently it serves more than 1.3 million personal and business customers throughout New Zealand.
What personal loans options does ASB offer?
Here’s an overview of the loans offered by ASB:
ASB personal loan
- ASB offers personal loans from $2000 upwards
- Flexible repayment terms from six months to seven years
- ASB’s standard interest rate for all personal loans is 13.90%
- ASB loans are unsecured, meaning you don’t need to offer up any collateral in order to be approved for a loan
- Loan processing fee of $99 may apply
- Make extra repayments online at any time, with no charges and no fees
How do I apply for an ASB personal loan?
If you are already an ASB customer, you can apply online through internet banking. If you are not an ASB customer, you can visit an ASB branch or call 0800 100 600.
Typical pieces of information you may need to include in your application include:
- Valid proof of identification, such as your passport or drivers licence
- Proof of income
- Your typical expenses such as rent/mortgage payments, household costs, insurance, etc
- Any current outstanding debts
You’ll also need to meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Earn over $20,000 per year
- Be an NZ citizen or permanent resident
To find out how much you could afford to borrow, check out Canstar’s personal loan repayment calculator.