BNZ Personal Loans
First opening its doors in Auckland, in 1861, the Bank of New Zealand (BNZ) is a registered bank and offers a variety of financial services, including retail, business and institutional banking.
Since its purchase by the National Australia Bank in 1992, BNZ has operated as a subsidiary of its trans-Tasman owner, however, it retains local governance and employs over 4500 Kiwis across New Zealand.
What personal loan options does BNZ offer?
Here’s an overview of the loans offered by BNZ:
- BNZ offers personal loans from $1000 to $30,000
- BNZ’s standard interest rate for all personal loans is 12.90%, or 12.65% for students/graduates/apprentices
- BNZ’s loans are unsecured, meaning you don’t need to offer up any collateral in order to be approved for a loan
- BNZ charges a $50 establishment fee
- Flexible repayments with no early or additional payment fees
How do I apply for an BNZ personal loan?
To apply for a BNZ personal loan, either make an appointment at a BNZ branch, or call 0800 800 667. Typical pieces of information you may need to include in your application include:
- Valid proof of identification, such as your passport or drivers licence
- Proof of income
- Your typical expenses such as rent/mortgage payments, household costs, insurance, etc
- Any current outstanding debts
You’ll also need to meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Receiving a regular income
- Be an NZ citizen or permanent resident
To find out how much you could afford to borrow, check out Canstar’s personal loan repayment calculator.