Westpac Personal Loans
Westpac has been operating in New Zealand since 1861. Starting out in Otago, today Westpac has over 1.3 million Kiwi customers and thousands of employees.
What personal loan options does Westpac offer?
Here’s an overview of the loans offered by Westpac:
- Westpac offers personal loans of up to $50,000
- Westpac’s standard interest rate for all personal loans is 13.9%
- Westpac’s loans are unsecured, meaning you don’t need to offer up any collateral in order to be approved for a loan
- Westpac charges a $100 establishment fee
- Change your repayment amount, or pay it off early, with no additional charges or fees in internet banking
How do I apply for a Westpac personal loan?
To apply for a loan, simply visit Westpac’s website to apply online. You can also call on 0800 177 277. Typical pieces of information you may need to include in your application include:
- Valid proof of identification, such as your passport or drivers licence
- Proof of income
- Your typical expenses such as rent/mortgage payments, household costs, insurance, etc
- Any current outstanding debts
You’ll also need to meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Receiving a regular income
- Be an NZ citizen, permanent resident or, if you’re a non-resident, have more than one year left on your work visa
Before taking out a personal loan, make sure you read up on what to think about before you apply. To find out how much you could afford to borrow, check out Canstar’s personal loan repayment calculator.