Kiwibank Personal Loans
Kiwibank is relatively young compared to many of the other banks, founded here in 2002. The brainchild of politician Jim Anderton, Kiwibank set out to be a New Zealand owned bank that kept profits within New Zealand. Since 2002, the bank has grown quickly and is now one of the major banks in the country. Kiwibank offers home loans, personal loans, credit cards, savings accounts, insurance and investments.
What personal loan options does Kiwibank offer?
Here’s an overview of the loans offered by Kiwibank:
- Kiwibank offers personal loans from $2000
- Kiwibank has a standard interest rate of 18.95% for loans up to $10,000, and 16.95% for loans of $10,000 or more
- Kiwibank also has a special interest rate of 13.95% for loans over $20,000, or for customers with an existing Kiwibank home loan
- Kiwibank charges a $240 establishment fee
- Flexible repayments with no early or additional payment fees
How do I apply for a Kiwibank personal loan?
To apply for a Kiwibank personal loan, simply visit the Kiwibank website or call 0800 549 454. Typical pieces of information you may need to include in your application include:
- Valid proof of identification, such as your passport or drivers licence
- Proof of income
- Your typical expenses such as rent/mortgage payments, household costs, insurance, etc
- Any current outstanding debts
You’ll also need to meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Receiving a regular income
- Be an NZ citizen or permanent resident
Before taking out a personal loan, make sure you read up on what to think about before you apply. To find out how much you could afford to borrow, check out Canstar’s personal loan repayment calculator.