The Cooperative Bank Personal Loans
The Cooperative Bank is a New Zealand bank that is 100% owned by its customers. Founded in 1928, it has operated as The Cooperative Bank since 2011. It offers everything you’d expect from a bank, including accounts, lending, credit cards, insurance, plus great customer satisfaction. The Cooperative Bank is the back-to-back winner of Canstar’s Most Satisfied Customers | Banking Award for the past two years.
What personal loan options does The Cooperative Bank offer?
Here’s an overview of the loans offered by The Cooperative Bank:
- The Cooperative Bank offers personal loans from $3000 to $50,000. Loan terms can be from six months to five years
- Loans over $50,000 available
- Repayments either weekly, fortnightly or monthly
- Floating i rates range from 8.99% to 17.75% p.a. depending on the borrower’s individual credit rating – the better your credit rating, the lower your interest rate
- $155 application fee applies
How do I apply for a The Cooperative Bank personal loan?
To apply for a loan, simply visit the The Cooperative Bank website and apply online to begin the application process.
Typical pieces of information you will need to include in your application are:
- Valid proof of identification, such as your passport or drivers licence
- Proof of income
- Your typical expenses such as rent/mortgage payments, household costs, insurance etc.
- Any current outstanding debts and credit history
You’ll also need to meet the following requirements:
- You must be a natural person (i.e. not a company or other legal entity)
- You must be an New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- You must be over 18 years of age when applying
To find out how much you could afford to borrow, check out Canstar’s personal loan repayment calculator.