Kiwibank Home Loans
Kiwibank is a New Zealand-based bank which provides home loans, personal loans, credit cards, savings accounts, insurance and investments.[/bs_lead]
Loan Options: What Kiwibank home loans offer
Here’s a snapshot of Kiwibank’s variable home loans currently on offer for a loan amount of $600,000 in Auckland. Please note that this table is formulated based on paying both principal and interest and results are sorted by our star rating (highest to lowest). To compare other home loans, please click here.
The inclusions below represent a selection of the features available with a standard variable rate home loan for an owner occupier. Canstar is not making any suggestion or recommendation to you about this product. Additional conditions may apply to different features. Please see our comparison tables for more detailed information about products on offer from this provider. Please ensure that you read the product disclosure statement (PDS) to determine all the current loan terms and conditions for the product you are considering.
Variable home loan features to look for
- Offset account available on selected loan products
- Redraw facility available
- Additional repayments allowed
- No fee for early repayment
- Repayments may be made weekly, fortnightly, or monthly
What types of home loans does Kiwibank offer?
Kiwibank offers four different home loan products:
- Fixed interest: if you to want to set up fixed repayments knowing they’re not going to change for between 6 months and 5 years.
- Variable/floating interest: if you want the flexibility to make lump sum payments on your home loan and are comfortable knowing the interest rate may increase or decrease with the market.
- Revolving credit: if you’re a good budgeter and want the flexibility to pay off or withdraw at any time.
- Offset mortgage: if you want to pay less interest overall and link up to eight accounts together under the one policy.
Some of these loans have the options of taking payment holidays, going interest-free, or in case of variable rate products, switching to a fixed-interest loan at any time. For more information on different types of home loans, check out the following articles:
- Fixed rate home loan
- Floating rate home loan
- Flexible (line of credit) home loan
- Interest only home loan
- Investment home loan
- Refinancing home loan
- Self-employed (low doc) home loan
- SMSF home loan
Find out about how different types of home loans work here. See our comparison tables for details of Kiwibank home loans:
Applying for a Kiwibank home loan is a simple process; just compare home loans on the Canstar website and apply online on the Kiwibank website for the loan of your choice. You can also call Kiwibank on 0800 000 654 any day of the week to speak to a home loan expert; you can also drop into your local Kiwibank branch, or talk to Kiwibot, their friendly chatbot who can answer all of your frequently asked questions.
Follow our applying for a home loan checklist, and use the Canstar website to compare Kiwibank home loans with other home loans before choosing a product that suits your needs:
Before you start your application for a Kiwibank home loan, you will need evidence of:
- Your income, including salary, dividends, rent, business profits etc.
- Your expenses, such as food, rent, bills, loan debts, insurance etc.
- Your deposit – how much cash or equity you have, including any KiwiSaver investments
- Your personal details, including a form of valid photo ID such as your passport or drivers licence
For more information on what is involved, follow our applying for a home loan checklist, and use the Canstar website to compare Kiwibank home loans with other home loans before choosing a product that suits your needs:
Kiwibank offers you the option of making weekly, fortnightly, or monthly payments on Fixed Interest and Floating (variable) Interest home loans. As with most banks, interest is calculated daily on your remaining principal; this means that any payment you make before your monthly due date will reduce your principal, and thus reduce the amount of interest you have to pay.
Kiwibank allows extra lump sum repayments on their Floating interest home loan – while their Fixed Rate home loan does not allow extra repaymentsonly allows you to make extra repayments worth up to 5% of the initial loan amount in any year of the loan’s term. Terms and conditions apply; contact your lender for details.
Find out how making extra repayments could save money in interest over the life of your loan in this article or use our Extra Repayments Calculator for yourself:
Yes, Kiwibank’s variable rate home loans offer the option to top up your home loan (i.e. borrow back more money that you’ve already paid off). You can apply for a loan top up using Kiwibank Internet Banking. Fees and charges may apply to use of a redraw facility; contact your lender for details or learn more about redraw facilities here.
If you’re in the market for a home loan, compare your home loan options with Canstar:
Established in 2002, Kiwibank are proudly 100% New Zealand owned and operated – with tellers located in PostShops nationwide.
Kiwibank have been challenging Australian banks and they’re old fashioned thinking. Their goals are to give their customers better value and innovation (which means you get the ‘good stuff’ first).
Kiwibank’s YouTube channel has a number of informative videos including their ‘New Zealand of the Year (NZOTY)’ series and their conservation videos.