SBS Bank Home Loans
Loan Options: What SBS Bank home loans offer
Here’s a snapshot of SBS’s variable home loans currently on offer for a loan amount of $600,000 in Auckland. Please note that this table is formulated based on paying both principal and interest and results are sorted by our star rating (highest to lowest). To compare other home loans, please click here.
The inclusions below represent a selection of the features available with a standard variable rate home loan for an owner occupier. Canstar is not making any suggestion or recommendation to you about this product. Additional conditions may apply to different features. Please see our comparison tables for more detailed information about products on offer from this provider. Please ensure that you read the product disclosure statement (PDS) to determine all the current loan terms and conditions for the product you are considering.
Variable home loan features to look for
- Offset account available on selected loan products
- Redraw facility available
- Additional repayments allowed
- No fee for early repayment
- Repayments may be made weekly, fortnightly, or monthly
What types of home loans does SBS offer?
The three main types of home loan offered by SBS Bank are:
- Fixed interest rate: if you to want to set up regular repayments knowing they’re not going to change for between 6 months and 10 years.
- Variable/floating interest rate: if you want the flexibility of being able make lump sum payments on your home loan and are comfortable knowing the interest rate may increase or decrease with the market.
- Combination of both: if you want both certainty and flexibility then this loan option is the best of both worlds.
Both loans have the options of taking payment holidays, going interest-free, or, in the case of variable-rate products, switching to a fixed-interest loan at any time. For more information on different types of home loans, check out the following articles:
- Fixed rate home loan
- Floating rate home loan
- Flexible (line of credit) home loan
- Interest only home loan
- Investment home loan
- Refinancing home loan
- Self-employed (low doc) home loan
- SMSF home loan
Find out about how different types of home loans work here. See our comparison tables for details of SBS home loans:
SBS Bank FAQs
Applying for a SBS home loan is a simple process; just compare home loans on the Canstar website to find the home loan which is best for you, and then fill out the application form on the SBS website. One of their home loan specialists will contact you the next business day to further your application.
You can also call SBS on 0800 727 2265 any day of the week to speak to a home loan expert, or drop into your local SBS branch when convenient to discuss lending advice.
Follow our applying for a home loan checklist, and use the Canstar website to compare SBS home loans with other home loans before choosing a product that suits your needs:
Before you start your application for a SBS home loan, you will need evidence of the following:
- Your income, including salary, dividends, rent, business profits etc.
- Your expenses, such as food, rent, bills, loan debts, insurance etc.
- Your deposit – how much cash or equity you have, including any KiwiSaver investments
- Your personal details, including a form of valid photo ID such as your passport or drivers licence
For more information on what is involved, follow our applying for a home loan checklist, and use the Canstar website to compare SBS home loans with other home loans before choosing a product that suits your needs:
SBS offers you the option of making weekly, fortnightly, or monthly repayments on your home loan. As with most home loan products, interest is calculated daily on your remaining principal; this means that any payment you make before your monthly due date will reduce your principal, and thus reduce the amount of interest you have to pay.
Find out how making extra repayments could save money in interest over the life of your loan in this article or use our Extra Repayments Calculator for yourself:
Yes, SBS’s variable rate home loans offer the option to top up your home loan (i.e. borrow back money that you’ve already put towards your home loan in the form of additional repayments). You can apply for a loan top up using SBS Internet Banking. Fees and charges may apply to use of a redraw facility; contact your lender for details or learn more about redraw facilities here.
If you’re in the market for a home loan, compare your home loan options with Canstar:
Established in 1869, SBS Bank has been serving customers for over 147 years.
SBS Bank is a member-owned bank, where members who take out loans or purchase products become partners. They’re committed to building mutual trust, which leads to mutual benefits and respect.