What is Stake?
Stake offers Kiwis the opportunity to invest in over 4500+ US stocks and ETFs. Stake’s US trading platform is 100% commission free, with no charge for your trades.
What can people invest in through Stake?
Through Stake, you can invest in:
US Stocks & ETFs
Over 4500 US stocks and ETFs, listed on US exchanges such as the NYSE and NASDAQ. You can also access over 200 American Depository Receipts (ADRs) of global companies that trade in the US.
With Stake, you are able to buy and sell securities in fractional amounts. This means that you can buy a whole dollar amount of a security (i.e. $1000 of Berkshire Hathaway Class A).
Inverse & Leveraged ETFs
Stake offers a large range of inverse ETFs that allow you to bet against the direction of a market, if you think it’s going to fall. It also offers a range of ETFs that have leverage built into them. As these are riskier investments, you need to do your homework before investing.
Some key features of Stake include:
A fully regulated brokerage account in a few clicks
Digital, automated US tax form completion
Simple reporting to make tax time easy
- Limit and stop orders commission free
- Get a free stock up to US$150 USD in value when you fund your account within 24 hours
How much does it cost to invest with Stake?
There is no membership fee or transaction fees with Stake:
- No fee for basic membership
- Commission free trades – includes market orders, limit orders, stop loss orders
- 1% FX transfer fee on deposit and withdrawal only
- 0.5% express funding fee, only if you want to get your money by the next trading session
- $5 for your W-8BEN US tax form
How do I sign up to Stake?
Stake is available to all NZ residents 18 or over with:
- A valid address in NZ
- An NZ government ID or bank account in your name