What types of home and contents insurance does Initio offer?
Initio is a 100% online insurance provider that specialises in landlord cover. However, it also sells regular home and contents insurance, as well as holiday home cover and insurance designed for house flippers.
Canstar compares home and contents insurance, to help you find the right policy for you. Click below to see our comparison table, which features qualities including customer service and value for money.
What does Initio’s home insurance offer?
Initio’s home insurance offers:
- $20,000 of temporary accommodation cover
- Reduced $250 excess for glass breakage claims
- Excess-free keys and locks replacement up to $1000
- $3000 for gradual water damage from a hidden water or waste pipe
- Excess-free blocked-pipe cover up to $500
- Inflation protection: up to 10% over sum insured if a disaster increases building costs
What does Initio’s contents insurance offer?
- Contents are repaired or replaced to new condition, not depreciated
- Cover for contents in transit during a move, or in storage
- One excess per event: if both your house and contents are damaged you only pay one excess
- Personal liability insurance of up to $1m, if you accidentally damage another’s property in NZ
About Initio Insurance
Initio was formed in 2011 by two Kiwi mates as NZ’s first 100% online provider of insurance. Since then Initio has expanded its product offering to cover home and contents and car insurance. It now covers over $8bn of insured property.
All Initio’s policies are underwritten by IAG New Zealand Limited.
NB: This is only a summary of key benefits. Application for cover is subject to underwriting acceptance. For full details, exclusions and limitations, please refer to the Initio website.