Canstar’s team of expert analysts has researched online banking providers and assessed them for usability, features, and the best online products. To view the latest online banking award report and the winner of our Bank of the Year | Online Banking Award, click the button below.
Banking & Insurance - September 24th
When was the last time you went to a bricks and mortar bank for your everyday banking needs? According to Canstar's 2020 research into Kiwis' banking habits, just 5% of us still bank at a high…– Read more
Credit Cards - December 17th
All of us have grown up with cold, hard cash – folding stuff tucked into wallets and coins rattling around in pockets and purses. Since our dollar was introduced in 1967, coins have become lighter…– Read more
Online Banking Accounts - October 1st
Harnessing the power of financial technology, New Zealand’s banks are turning to virtual identification tools to improve the customer experience– Read more
When was the last time you went to a bricks and mortar bank for your everyday banking needs? According to Canstar’s 2020 research into Kiwis’ banking habits, just 5% of us still bank at a high street branch.
The rest of us tap and swipe on screens and keyboards: 65% use mobile phones and tablets, the other 35% type away at desktop computers.
But while online services have become an integral part of the banking and financial landscape, not all apps and banking websites are created equally. Different banks offer widely different services online, and levels of user-friendliness can vary.
That’s why each year, Canstar’s expert research team compares online platforms across New Zealand and awards the best provider our award for Bank of the Year | Online Banking.
To decide on the winner of the award, our research team uses a sophisticated methodology that recognises institutions that offer quality online services, and rates new features that enhance the consumer experience.
This year our research team looked at 200 different online features, across the following institutions: ANZ, ASB, BNZ, The Co-operative Bank, Heartland, HSBC, Kiwibank, SBS, TSB and Westpac.
The main categories covered, included:
To read more on our winner, the BNZ, just click on the button below: