People love to organise something special for Valentines Day, but what if you don’t have the time, or just don’t have any ideas? It might be worth checking if your credit card has a concierge service, because if it does, your problems are solved!
For those not aware, a concierge service is a benefit that many banks offer with some of their high-end credit cards. You dial a number and you’re connected through to your concierge, who can do a variety of services for you; make appointments, book dinner reservations, order goods, the list is huge. And in the context of Valentines Day, a concierge service might just be your best friend. Here are a few ways you could use a concierge service to step up your Valentine’s Day.
- Flowers – A concierge service should have no trouble finding and purchasing a nice floral arrangement on your behalf; you could even ask them to arrange delivery to your partner’s home. This also applies to other traditional Valentines Day gifts like chocolates and wine/champagane, but don’t be afraid to get creative; your concierge will accommodate your (legal) requests to the best of their ability.
- Booking tickets – What if you want to take your partner to a movie, or a theatre performance? Your concierge service will probably be able to provide you with a list of potential shows happening that night, and if you decide on one, they will hopefully be able to organise the purchasing of tickets.
- Dinner reservations – If you plan on going out for dinner before or after the show, your concierge can help with that. Ask them if they can find some well-reccomended restaurants and email or text you with a list of nearby possibilities; they can then make a booking at your chosen location.
- Transport – Anyone can book a taxi to take them home, but that’s not impressing anyone; ask your concierge if they can find something a little flashier to get you from A to B. A limo might be a bit much, but it’s the right line of thinking; if you’re thinking seriously big, a helicopter is never out of the question…
- Home cleaning and/or decoration – After your night out at the theatre, nice meal, and fancy ride home, opening the door to a spotless home adorned with Valentines Day-themed decorations sounds like a perfect way to wrap up your Valentine’s Day.
Of course, do be aware that while the concierge service is free of charge, you’ll still have to pay for the resulting flowers/theatre tickets/dinner. It can certainly save you some time – so why not give it a try. After all, it’s the thought that counts – not necessarily the effort you put in…