While credit card rewards such as frequent flyer points, cashback, merchandise and shopping vouchers are well-known and well-utilised by card holders, many consumers are unaware of another benefit attached to most platinum credit cards: a personal concierge service.
Need a recommendation for a good restaurant near the Piazza San Marco in Venice? Or a tour of the Grand Canyon? Perhaps you would simply like to know where the best antique shops are in Sydney, or whether it’s possible to rent a green limousine. A party planner for a six-year-old’s birthday? The electronic errands that your personal concierge can run for you are ““ excepting anything illegal, immoral or unethical – almost endless.
Many platinum or otherwise “premium” cards on the New Zealand market come with some form of concierge service and there is an extensive list of potential assistance they can provide, including:
- Flight Information.
- Sourcing, purchasing, and delivery of tickets for theatre shows, concerts, and sporting events.
- Sourcing and arranging hospitality packages.
- Providing details of events and shows in cities worldwide.
- Referral and reservations for fine dining, restaurants, hotels, car rental and health clubs.
- Mail/Fax travel destination package (major cities only).
- Festivals/museums/music entertainment information.
- Golf tee time information & reservations.
- Shopping location information.
- Floral arrangement and delivery.
- Party planning for special occasions.
- Arrangement and appointment booking of hairstylist/make-up artist for special event.
- Arrangement and appointment with qualified personal fitness trainer.
- Stress relief massage therapy.
- Gift Sourcing.
- Sourcing, purchasing and delivery of goods.
- Referrals to conference and business services.
- Computer rental, audio/visual equipment referrals & arrangements.
- Help with relocating to another country.
It’s quite heady stuff!
Of course, there is a cost for this personalized 24/7 service in the form of the annual fee attached to typical “premium” credit cards. This annual fee ranges from $150 to $700 depending on the card chosen. Still, if you can justify the cost then pick up the phone. Your personal concierge is just a toll-free phone number away.