Each year CANSTAR assesses the new and innovative financial products and services launched on the New Zealand market and showcase those businesses in the financial sector that are leading the way. In 2014, Kiwibank has garnered a CANSTAR Innovation Excellence Award for its Home Hunter app.
Home Hunter is a mobile app that will enable any New Zealander to find a house, get the estimated sale price and apply for pre-approval in minutes – from their smartphone, tablet or computer.
Users can search homes by area, price range, and number of bedrooms or bathrooms. They can see useful information about each home, including floor and land area, location on a map, open home times and property description.
Once you’ve applied for pre-approval, a Kiwibank Home Loans expert will be in contact to add the human factor to the customer experience.
As the bank’s strategic lending onboarding platform, Home Hunter is fully integrated into Kiwibank’s back-end systems, providing efficiency for the bank as well as a streamlined experience for the customer.
- Search properties by area, price range or number of bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Once you’ve found a property, learn all about it, from its land area and precise location to its open home times.
- If you’ve fallen in love with the property, apply immediately for a home loan pre-approval through the Hom
e Hunter app; it only takes five minutes.
- Once pre-approved, house hunt armed with extra information such as Kiwibank’s estimated price alongside the RV and seller’s asking price, and see which houses get the Kiwibank green tick. A home loans expert will also be in touch.
- Extra tools that come with the app include…
i) Sun Finder – By pointing your phone camera at the sky, you can find out how much sun a property gets at different times of the year.
ii) Around Me – Learn which homes are for sale around the exact spot on which you’re standing.
CANSTAR’s verdict …
A property-buying tool that provides not only insights into the local area but you can also obtain loan pre-approval and pre-approved property valuations as well as make use of the nifty tools that come with the app, such as the dynamic sun dial feature, when you’re inspecting the property. Though other similar tools are available on the market, we felt that the addition of possible pre-approval, as well as the added extras, lent an extra layer to this innovative product.
Responding to the award, Paul Brock, CEO of Kiwibank, reiterated the importance of the award to the Kiwibank team. “Right from the day we were launched we have strived to challenge the status quo and bring new ways of looking at providing services,” he explained. “We are in the midst of a technology revolution in the world of banking and we’re proud that Kiwibank is at the forefront of customer innovation.”
View other the other 2014 Innovation Excellence award winners (pdf)